Friday, December 21, 2007

View the "99 Balloons" Blog of a Christian couple


I was reading the "99 Balloons" blog of Matt and Ginny Mooney (from the U.S.) about their son Eliot who had Trisomy 18, or Edwards syndrome, which is the same genetic disease that my niece Nina had. (read my blog entry "Nina's Story")

Eliot lived for 99 days, hence the title of the blog, 99 balloons. My niece Nina, only lived 1 1/2 hours. I remembered Nina as I read the posts of Matt and Ginny Mooney.

I cried as I was reading their blog entries , Theyjust held fast onto the Lord during their times of trial. You will be so encouraged by their faith in the Lord as you read their blog.

I am posting here a poem from their blog, entitled "My Son", taken from this link

My Son

by Matt Mooney

My son was not strong
by any measure of man.
But his song I will sing whenever I can.

It sounds of truth
and rings out of grace,
Removing the veil and revealing God’s face.

My son was a picture
painted bold and bright.
His life throwing color on world’s canvas of night.

The subject unfolded,
a new stroke each day.
Until brought into focus was true joy’s way.

In the least likely place
and hard to explain.
Joy was found in the midst of the pain.

The awe of a life
and the wonder of birth.
My son was a gift of unspeakable worth.

His heart could not hold
his song came to rest.
And I am left with no son to hold on my chest.

My son was not strong
by any measure of man.
But his song I will sing whenever I can.

So ask of my boy,
consider it no bother.
When I tell of my son I tell of my Father.

______________________